Allrecipes.com is one of my favourite sites for recipes and cooking ideas. I came across a Mojito recipe and gave it my own little twist by substituting raspberries for strawberries and taking some of the suggestions from fellow reviewers. I have aptly named it “Momjitos”.
- White Sugar for the rim, although coloured sugar gives it an aesthetic appeal
- 1 large lime, quartered
- 1/2 bunch of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of mashed raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice
- White rum
- Lemon Lime pop drink (or club soda, depends on your preference)
- Ice cubes
- Pour 1/4 inch of sugar in a shallow dish. Run a lime quarter around the rim of each of the glasses, dip into the sugar and set aside.
- To create the simple syrup, mix 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice and 2 cups of mashed raspberries, bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes, remove from heat, strain through a cheese cloth and let cool.
- Add 2 tbsp of simple syrup to each glass then add mint and remaining lime, and muddle.
- Add 1 shot of rum, top with lemon lime drink and ice and stir. Enjoy!
Makes 4 glasses