I first saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to make my own to celebrate the Princess’ upcoming first day of Kindergarten. It is fairly simple to make but it is time consuming, I did it in about 2 hours.
- 11 inch styrofoam ring
- 6 yards of thick ribbon ribbon
- 7 feet of thin ribbon
- 2 boxes of crayons (64 in each)
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Desired embellishments ie. stickers, craft paper, bows, etc
- Wrap the entire styrofoam ring in the thick ribbon. Don’t worry if there are spaces, the thinner ribbon will cover it
- Cover the slits with the thinner ribbon
- Arrange the crayons around the ring securing them with the hot glue. It’s best to put 4 crayons around the ring at North, South, East and West and fill in from there.
- Let the glue dry and add the desired embellishments