I had posted earlier that I set five goals for myself to accomplish for August and out of the five, I accomplished four. I set these goals to propel myself forward and not get the feeling of being stagnant but if for some reason a month I don’t accomplish what I set, I won’t beat myself up. Life sometimes gets in the way.
- Create a Back-to-School Wreath. I did make this wreath and it hangs on my front door. I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to really celebrate Princess’ first day of school. This was my first big craft so to speak and it didn’t turn out too bad. I must have caught the crafting bug because I’m now planning out more crafts.
- Lose 5 lbs. I definitely thought this was the one that I would fail at, but I was able to lose it, next goal is to keep it off.
- Read 4 books by the end of the month. I knew hands down I would finish this one. I love reading and my goal for the year is to read 30 books, and so far I’ve read 28 so I think I’m well on my way. The books I read were “Fifty Shades Freed” by EL James, “The Gods of Gotham” by Lyndsay Faye, “Cryer’s Cross” by Lisa McMann, and “Fifty Shades of Louisa May” by LM Anonymous, which I won in a first reads giveaway by Goodreads. My favourite was “Gods of Gotham” and my least favourite was a two-way tie between “Cryer’s Cross” and “Fifty Shades Freed.”
- Knit a Scarf. Alas, this is where I failed. Between vacation, life and chasing a 3-year-old, I just couldn’t find the time.
- Join an extracurricular. I have started meditating and crafting this month and it has surprised me just how much joy and relief I have been able to gain from these two things.