Autumn by far is my favourite seasons. Not only is the temperature ideal for me, but the leaves are beautiful and there are 2 holidays in one month; Thanksgiving and Halloween! Food, family and candy, yes please! There are lots of things to do that are available for families to do in Toronto and the GTA and here are just a few.
- Pumpkin Patches. Despite being a large city, the GTA is not without farms and many of them have fall activities for friends and family alike. Here are just a few; Forsythe Family Farm, Southbrook Farms Pumpkin Patch, and Whittamore’s Farm (we took the Princess here when she was 1 and had a great time!)
- Hiking. With the leaves turning beautiful shades of reds and oranges, why not go for a family hike and see all that the Greater Toronto Area has to offer in terms of hiking paths!
- Apple Picking. Apples are in season now and children will love picking the very best of them! Check out Chudleigh’s Farms, Willis Family Fruit Farms, and The Big’r Apple Farm.
- Pioneer Festival at Black Creek. Located in Toronto, this festival showcases delicious food, homemade quilts and horse-drawn wagons.
- Pumpkinland and Harvest Festival. Daily throughout October Whittamore’s Farm is hosting Pumpkinland and Harvest festival. There is wagonrides, a two-storey tree fort, corn maze, a spooky forest and a pumpkin cannon show. Fun for adults and children alike.
- Woodbridge Fair. This weekend at the Woodbridge fairgrounds, they are celebrating their 165th anniversary with the theme Harvesting History. There will be a demolition derby, rides and food.
- Halloween Overnighter. The Ontario Science Centre is having a sleepover so bring your sleeping bag and costume. There you will be able to do workshops on Pumpkin Science, Creatures of the Night, Slime Time and Creepy Crawly Bugs.
- Tasty Tours. With Halloween happening this month, why not take a tour of Toronto’s sweet side.
- Haunted Walk of Old Toronto. Take a late night tour Old Toronto and hear all the haunting stories that Toronto has to offer!