With the holidays right around the corner, I took some time and crafted a door ornament. I went to Michael’s with no craft idea in mind but it didn’t take long to see a few items that stood out and the ideas started flowing.
- Mod podge
- Stock card paper
- Coloured Bells
- Poinsettia Buttons
- Hot Glue Gun
- White Glue
- Pencil & scissors
- Wooden Christmas Ornament (I used a tree)
- Place card stock print side down and place the wooden Christmas ornament on top and trace. Cut out the shape.
- Using the brush, mod podge the card stock, print side up, onto the ornament. Let dry.
- While the mod podge is drying, start making the ribbon star. Loop the ribbon and hot glue the centre. Then creat more loops until you have a star, glueing the centre as you go around. Glue a coloured bell to the centre as decoration.
- Once the mod podge is dry, glue the ribbon star to the top. Now using the white glue, create the sequins garland.
- I found very cute Poinsettia buttons and simply cut off the back and glued them to the tree, acting as decorations.
- Glue the coloured buttons to the bottom to act as the tree trunk.
- Feel free to use different card stock, colours and ornaments, make this your own! Enjoy.