I am in full swing with my Christmas baking and here is just one of the many recipes I have on my baking list.
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 & 2/3 Cups of Flour
- 1/3 Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Pkg of Chipits Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat over to 375 F (190 C). Beat butter with packed brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips. Drop 1 tbsp portions onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes approximately 4 dozen.
I may try white chocolate chips instead of the dark chocolate chips and use peppermint extract instead of vanilla to give it that “Christmas” feel.