I haven’t had any telltale feeling as to what the sex of this baby is. In the beginning, I felt it was a girl, but with how different I feel this time around, I’m not sure. With the Princess I could have sworn I was having a boy but everyone around me said “No, you are carrying high so it’s a girl.” Turns out they were right. The Princess would like our Rainbow to be a Prince, but I’ve been getting mixed reviews from people. Some say boy, others say girl. In the beginning of February, I will finally know.
We’ve all heard them. The old wives tales people tell to determine prior to an ultrasound or the big day what the sex of the child will be. Science has debunked a majority of them, but it’s for fun. So here are a few;
- How you carry. If you are carrying high, then it’s a girl. If you carry low, then it’s a boy.
- Heartbeats. If the heartbeat is higher than 140, it’s a girl. If it is lower than 140, it’s a boy.
- Cravings. People say that if you are craving something sweet, it’s a girl, but if you are craving sour, then it’s a boy. Maybe there is something behind “sugar and spice, and everything nice.”
- Weight Gain. If your Hubby gains weight, then it’s a girl, but if he doesn’t gain a pound, then it’s a boy.
- Your Face. Apparently, if your face becomes round and rosy, then you are carrying a girl. If not, it’s a boy.
- Acne. If you develop acne during pregnancy, then it’s a girl. Some suggest it’s from extra female hormones. If not, then obviously, it’s a boy!
So according to these myths I will be having a boy, so in a few weeks I will be able to say whether or not they are right. A study was done, 71% of the time, mother’s guessed correctly the sex of their unborn baby. While I’m not sure, I will go with my original feeling and say a girl.