I love banana bread and always freeze my bananas as they begin to brown so I have them on hand whenever I feel like baking. I found this recipe online and I have tweaked it a little bit and it came out amazing.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 Cups Mashed Bananas – approx 6 bananas
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Lightly grease 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas until blended.
- Stir in banana mixture into flour mixture slowly and stir until just moistened. Be careful not to over mix the batter or the loaf will turn out heavy. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let bread cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.
- For a little sweet crunch, mix 1 tbsp of water to 1 tbsp of brown sugar and brush on top while the loaf is cooling.
- Slice and enjoy!