This day keeps getting better. Not only is it Saturday, we found out our Rainbow is measuring a full week ahead of schedule and I’ve also been nominated for the Leibster Blog Award by Cristina from Diary of a Desert Fox.
So here is how it works. Once you’ve been nominated, you have to post 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you and pass it on. Choose 11 people to award and create 11 questions for them.
11 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I have a thing about series, books, movies, tv shows etc. Once I start I have to finish them even if they are horrible. Sometimes it’s a good things, sometimes it’s self-inflicted torture.
- I have to order things from biggest to smallest. The books on our shelves are arranged and I will take the time to line them up. It drives Hubby crazy, but it gives me some sense of peace. I’m weird, I know.
- Broccoli is my favourite vegetable. My mom said when I was a child I would eat it out of the bag before we would even get to the cash.
- I have an eclectic taste in music. On my music player you will find country, classic rock, celtic, R&B, Popand even bagpipe music.
- I have not listened to the radio in over 2 years. I dislike a majority of today’s music. Too processed and packaged in my opinion.
- I had a psychic tell me I would die at the age of 80 by the way of heart attack.
- I share a birthday with John Grisham and Jules Verne.
- I’m a Daddy’s Girl through and through.
- My daughter is named after my sisters.
- Fuzzy Peaches, Lik-a-Maid’s and Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups are my favourite candy.
- My daughter was born on Rememberance Day and our Rainbow is due on Father’s Day.
11 QUESTIONS FROM DIARY OF A DESERT FOX
- Why do you blog? I started blogging in 2012 that combined by two favourite passions, writing and being a mom.
- What advice would you give to a new writer? Set time aside everyday and write. It could be about nothing in particular, just keep writing.
- Why do you think I nominated you? What a loaded questions LOL I’m not sure, maybe because you have a Mom & Baby section on your blog as well.
- What’s your favorite way to escape? Going for a walk and listening to music and tuning the world out. Reading is another great escape for me.
- If I were to spend 24 hours in your city/country, where would you advise I go? Anywhere downtown. Toronto has so much to offer. Queen West is always a treat, so is Yonge Dundas Square and not to mention the ROM, CN Tower, Steamwhistle Brewery and the AGO.
- I know I haven’t heard it all. Tell me a funny/weird/unexpected question you’ve been asked while in a foreign country. While traveling in Spain, I was asked if Canadians really ‘believe’ that the War of 1812 really happened.
- What is your fondest memory? Prior to my dad going back to school to become a Geological Surveyor, he used to drive Big Rigs. He used to take me on week long trips. We’d travel all over Ontario and Quebec, go to restaurants, talk and listen to music. My earliest memory is of me in the truck. He was sleeping in the bunks and I was 2 years old and I woke up and started playing with the air brakes. They were in the shapes and colours of blue triangles, red square and yellow hexagon. So in my defense, it wasn’t my fault.
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done? I’m all about self-preservation, but a friend once convinced me to go into the sketchiest bar in Toronto (in my opinion). It was in a dangerous area where shootings and stabbings were common, but she lived in the area and felt comfortable. Walking in, the people at the door warned us we “were at the wrong bar”. I have never been so terrified before in my life. I was certain we would be attacked.
- What is the one thing you have always wanted to do but never have? Do a poetry reading. I have a terrible fear of speaking in public. I once went to a book reading of one of my favourite author’s and got up the nerve to ask her a question, but I ended up blurting it out quickly and then ran away. When she signed my book, I stuttered uncontrollably.
- What song defines your life? Midnight Train by Journey. I wouldn’t say any one song defines my life, but it’s definitely very relevant. I am from a small town and lived on a farm and my Hubby is a city boy through and through. Also, whenever that song comes on, our daughter starts dancing uncontrollably and at a restaurant once she started fist pumping in her booster seat.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why? A tiger. There is something majestic about them that has always interested me.
My 11 Nominations
MY 11 QUESTIONS
- If you were President of the World, what laws would you make?
- If you were a Superhero, what power would you have?
- What would your dream holiday be?
- What do you find rewarding about blogging?
- Do you think that cursive writing is a skill all children should have?
- If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
- What would be your best achievement to date?
- If you could, would you want to be a celebrity?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could ask your future self 1 question, what would it be?