It is supposed to rain this weekend, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go out and enjoy all that Toronto has to offer this weekend. Here are just a few of the many things happening this weekend that you and your family can enjoy.
- Toronto Jazz Festival Free Music Series at Don Mills. This weekend at Shops at Don Mills, the TD Toronto Jazz Festival Free Music Series will be showcasing free concerts from a wide array of talented artists. This event will be continuing right through until June 30th, a day longer than most venues throughout the city. Come stay dry and listen to some fantastic music!
- Nature Play at Evergreen Brickworks. Do you have a budding environmentalist at home? I know I do! At Evergreen Brickworks, located at 550 Bayview Ave, Nature Play invites children to play and engage their growing minds with weekly activities based on changing seasons and weather as well as the environment around them. Open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 – 4.
- The Redpath Waterfront Festival. This weekend only, the Tall Ships come to Toronto! A free event for people of all ages, there will be food, boats, an after-dark lights and multimedia show as well as a War of 1812 interactive theatre taking up over 2 km of the Toronto Waterfront.
- Under the Sea at the Ontario Science Centre. Does your child love Finding Nemo? Then the Ontario Science Centre is where you want to be this weekend. This IMAX film takes you on an incredible journey through the locales like the Great Barrier Reef and the Coral Triangle to see some of the spectacular inhabitants that live there.
While we all enjoy the mountains of gifts, the delicious meals and time with family, there are some less fortunate and don’t get all of those things. So here are a just a few things that we can all do to give back to those in need.
- Gingerbread Cookie Factory. For the last 21 years, volunteers of the Trillium Health Centre fundraise with all proceeds go to support the senior’s health services at the Trillium sites of The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre. Daily from November 30th to December 23rd at Sherway Gardens, gingerbread cookies are available to decorate and they are $4 each or three for $10!
- All Aboard the Miniture Train at Don Mills. Come aboard for a magical tour as the miniature train travels through the centre square, past the holiday trees and the finest shops! Tickets will be sold at Guest Services for $3/person per ride with net proceeds to the Toronto Fire Fighters’ Toy Drive.
- Tie Up Loose Ends At The Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth. The depot will be open all week at Sherway Gardens, with the exception of Sunday, from 10 am until 8 pm and on December 24th from 10 am to 3 pm. Just $5 minimum per package with 100% of all proceeds going to fund The Salvation Army to assist those in need in the local community.
- Salvation Army Kettle Campaign. The Salvation Army’s annual Christmas Campaign has grown into one of Canada’s most significant and recognizable annual charitable events and is a friendly reminder that the spirit of the season is giving. The funds raised provide food and clothing for thousands of needy families right in our own community throughout the holiday season and beyond at Sherway Gardens until December 24th.
- CTV Toy Mountain. Help support CTV’s Toy Mountain this year with an unwrapped gift or cash donation at many locations throughout the city.
- Toronto Food Banks. Donate your time, money or food to your local food bank and help those in need this holiday season!
Gingerbread Cookie Factory at Sherway Gardens