I received the best birthday gift today. Not only is Hubby and Princess cooking me a delicious steak dinner and I’ve got movie plans with family, but today I found out the sex of our baby. Being 21 weeks and 2 days along, I had the standard 5 month test. It ran about an hour as my doctor wanted to measure all the organs and check for other things due to our past complications. Of course the baby did not want to cooperate and kept flipping over and refused to have its picture taken. I was put in every position possible and told to go for a walk and “talk” to the baby and get it to be cooperative. After all the measurements were taken they asked if I wanted to know the sex.
“Yes, I want to know.”
“It’s a boy,” she informed me.
“Are you serious?!”
They looked perplexed. “What? You don’t want a boy?”
“No, a boy is fine. Everyone kept telling me I was having a boy. I thought I was having a girl.”
They then brought in Hubby and asked him if he wanted to know. They told him and he is so very happy. For my birthday I found out what we are having and for Father’s Day, Hubby will receive a son! Turns out all those Gender Myths were right, I’m having a boy.
I haven’t had any telltale feeling as to what the sex of this baby is. In the beginning, I felt it was a girl, but with how different I feel this time around, I’m not sure. With the Princess I could have sworn I was having a boy but everyone around me said “No, you are carrying high so it’s a girl.” Turns out they were right. The Princess would like our Rainbow to be a Prince, but I’ve been getting mixed reviews from people. Some say boy, others say girl. In the beginning of February, I will finally know.
We’ve all heard them. The old wives tales people tell to determine prior to an ultrasound or the big day what the sex of the child will be. Science has debunked a majority of them, but it’s for fun. So here are a few;
- How you carry. If you are carrying high, then it’s a girl. If you carry low, then it’s a boy.
- Heartbeats. If the heartbeat is higher than 140, it’s a girl. If it is lower than 140, it’s a boy.
- Cravings. People say that if you are craving something sweet, it’s a girl, but if you are craving sour, then it’s a boy. Maybe there is something behind “sugar and spice, and everything nice.”
- Weight Gain. If your Hubby gains weight, then it’s a girl, but if he doesn’t gain a pound, then it’s a boy.
- Your Face. Apparently, if your face becomes round and rosy, then you are carrying a girl. If not, it’s a boy.
- Acne. If you develop acne during pregnancy, then it’s a girl. Some suggest it’s from extra female hormones. If not, then obviously, it’s a boy!
So according to these myths I will be having a boy, so in a few weeks I will be able to say whether or not they are right. A study was done, 71% of the time, mother’s guessed correctly the sex of their unborn baby. While I’m not sure, I will go with my original feeling and say a girl.