I went and had my eyebrows waxed earlier this week and while putting lotion on my skin, the technician pointed out that I was in desperate need of a facial. Possibly the weather is wreaking havoc on my skin, but it is very dry and blotchy. Trips to the spa are lovely don’t get me wrong, but when I can make my own facial at home that is just as effective, I do. This mask has only 2 ingredients and is easy to make. It helps tighten the pores and even out the skin tone.
- 1 Egg White
- 3 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Combine the egg white and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Whisk until frothy for approximately 3 minutes.
- Rub on your clean skin in a circular motion but stay away from the eyes and mouth.
- Leave for 30 minutes until firm.
- Rinse off and pat dry.
*I use lemon juice as I have oily skin, but if you have dry skin, you can add oils. Look online for the best oils to suit your skin type.*
With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we would all love a facial, but some of us simply don’t have the time. So I have found a recipe that combine’s a Mom’s favourite essentials; Coffee and Cocoa. This is a simple, easy to make homemade facial mask that reduces puffiness and brightens the skin.
4 Tbsp of finely ground coffee
4 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
8 Tbsp of unflavored dairy products, eg whole milk, yogurt, heavy cream etc. If you have dehydrated skin, you can use oils like olive or coconut, but half the amount
2 Tbsp of Honey (if you have dry skin) or Lemon Juice (if you have oily skin)
- Mix cocoa and ground coffee in a bowl. Add dairy/oil until a smooth paste forms
- Stir in honey/lemon juice – warming honey may help with mixing
- Apply to face and neck and let dry
- Once mask is dry, moisten with a wet wash cloth and rinse off with warm water
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator – can last for several days