I’m always keeping an eye out for ways to save money now that I’m on maternity leave. I wrote a post on saving money when buying baby stuff and in this post I will be dealing directly with diapers. Since our Rainbow has come home, he has surprised and impressed us with his ability to fill copious amounts of diapers. Hubby and I stocked up on diapers when we could prior to his birth but we have already had to do a few diaper runs. Being a big boy, he outgrew the newborn size within a first few days leaving us with 2 packs we never even opened. So here are a few ways to save money on diapers and it doesn’t involve changing them less.
- Store Brands. Some people swear buy them or curse them, but store brands are generally less expensive and do go on sale periodically like brand name diapers.
- Coupons. I am a fan of these and I have a few selected sites that sends me high value coupons to my favourite brands.
- Reward Programs. Pampers and Huggies both offer rewards programs and will occasionally send you free samples in the mail.
- In Store Promotions. Right now, Shopper’s Drugmart has a promotion going on with diapers where there is a $4 off coupon attached to each diaper product. They also have a Optimum Points and V.I.B. program and for simply signing up, I received 2 full packs of diapers as well as high value optimum point coupons.
I didn’t include cloth diapers as I don’t use them and I’m not fully aware of the cost effectiveness on them. I have friends who swear by them however, so I’d welcome any input on cloth 🙂
It was has been widely argued that from birth to 18, children cost approximately $250 000 and that doesn’t even include tuition! That is a lot of change! So whenever you can get deal, you got to take them. I have compiled a list of sites where you can sign up from free stuff coupons and samples!
- Free Parent Stuff Free Parent Stuff is an online newsletter that searches the web for the latest samples and sends them to you once or twice a week. Occassionally you will receive an email if there is a special discount that is going on. It is easy to sign up. I have received free Olay products, diapers, wipes, formula, recipes, Pull Ups and other mommy and kid stuff.
- Pampers Pampers allows you to join Pamper’s Village and you will receive free samples, coupons (and no mere $0.50 off, more like $2 – $4.00 off) and other promotions. I am a Pamper’s fan and that was what my daughter used for a majority of the time. I have to say that the amount of Pamper’s sample diapers I received would probably have amounted to at least a full box. Granted not all at once, but 4 or 5 here and there. But it adds up in the end!
- Huggies Much like Pampers, Huggies has the same kind of program. They will send you samples and coupons, and also send you coupons for non-baby stuff like batteries, and other household essentials.
- Nestle Baby Club I signed up for the Nestle Baby Club while buying maternity clothes and I received a Diaper Bag, Baby Formula, Baby cereal and a growth chart…all for free!
- Similac Club For all those who formula feed, you can receive containers of formula for joining the Similac Club. I received at least 4 containers, not little bags, but actual containers of formula plus coupons for $15, $10 and $5 off. With formula costing what it does, you can’t go wrong!
- Kids Free Samples This website offers a wide variety of free kid samples and coupons from an array of trusted baby and child companies such as Pampers, Huggies, Enfamil and Similac and many many more!
- P & G Saver This site provides you with a coupon booklet of coupons for products that you yourself choose from and they mail them to you. I received a booklet of $50 worth of coupons!