I have been meal planning like a madwoman and I’ve been trying my very best to stay within our grocery budget while sampling new meal ideas. I attempted Pulled Pork today and it was Hubby approved and I thought I would give you the recipe. Easy to make, not time-consuming, delicious and budget friendly.
- 2 lbs Pork Roast
- 3 Onions, 2 sliced and 1 chopped
- 1 16 oz BBQ Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown Sugar & Paprika
- 3/4 cup Apple Juice, divided
- Slice 1 onion and spread on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rub the Pork Roast with salt, pepper, brown sugar and a little bit of paprika
- Place on top of the bed of onions and top with 1 sliced onion.
- Add 1/2 cup of Apple Juice.
- Fill the slow cooker with water until it is 2/3 the way full.
- Cook on low for 8-12 hours on low or 4-6 on high.
- Once the time is up, strain the slow cooker and remove the water, onions, fat and roast.
- Shred the pork with forks.
- Dice 1 onion and add the roast, onions, BBQ Sauce and 1/4 cup of Apple Juice to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Serve on crusty buns and enjoy!