Each year, people complain that their children got way more toys than they really need. So this year, I encourage you to give one of those toys to a child in need. Tonight, from 5 pm – 8 pm, Global Television and Shops at Don Mills have teamed up to host the annual Toronto’s Fire Fighter’s Association Toy Drive. Put a smile on a child’s face this year by donating a new, unwrapped gift and in exchange for your goodwill, you can receive a free burger from South St. Burger and a hot drink from Aroma Espresso Bar.
If you decide bring your little ones, be sure to visit Santa and his reindeer and your children can bring their letters for the big guy in red to the Santa Station. The Crestwood Choir will be filling the air with wonderful holiday music and not to mention there will be live ice sculpture demonstrations. Global Television personalities such as Leslie Roberts, Susan Hay, Liza Fromer and Anthony Farnell will be there between 5:30 and 6:30 and be sure to visit their seasonal colouring and photo booths.
While we all enjoy the mountains of gifts, the delicious meals and time with family, there are some less fortunate and don’t get all of those things. So here are a just a few things that we can all do to give back to those in need.
- Gingerbread Cookie Factory. For the last 21 years, volunteers of the Trillium Health Centre fundraise with all proceeds go to support the senior’s health services at the Trillium sites of The Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre. Daily from November 30th to December 23rd at Sherway Gardens, gingerbread cookies are available to decorate and they are $4 each or three for $10!
- All Aboard the Miniture Train at Don Mills. Come aboard for a magical tour as the miniature train travels through the centre square, past the holiday trees and the finest shops! Tickets will be sold at Guest Services for $3/person per ride with net proceeds to the Toronto Fire Fighters’ Toy Drive.
- Tie Up Loose Ends At The Salvation Army Gift Wrap Booth. The depot will be open all week at Sherway Gardens, with the exception of Sunday, from 10 am until 8 pm and on December 24th from 10 am to 3 pm. Just $5 minimum per package with 100% of all proceeds going to fund The Salvation Army to assist those in need in the local community.
- Salvation Army Kettle Campaign. The Salvation Army’s annual Christmas Campaign has grown into one of Canada’s most significant and recognizable annual charitable events and is a friendly reminder that the spirit of the season is giving. The funds raised provide food and clothing for thousands of needy families right in our own community throughout the holiday season and beyond at Sherway Gardens until December 24th.
- CTV Toy Mountain. Help support CTV’s Toy Mountain this year with an unwrapped gift or cash donation at many locations throughout the city.
- Toronto Food Banks. Donate your time, money or food to your local food bank and help those in need this holiday season!
Gingerbread Cookie Factory at Sherway Gardens