Labour Day has passed and the children are back in school but that doesn’t mean that the fun needs to end. Toronto and the surrounding areas always have lots of fun and interesting things to do over the weekend and here are just a few!
- 2nd Annual Haute Dog at Queen’s Quay Terminal. This Saturday and Sunday only, have your family pet come strike a pose on the Doggy Red Carpet at the 2nd Annual Haute Dog. There will be lots of canine fashion and Pupparazzi for our beloved furry friends and lots of free outdoor events for the family. Come rain or shine this weekend from 10 – 4.
- The Panda’s at the Toronto Zoo. Come to the Toronto Zoo to meet Er Shun and Da Mao and visit the new Panda Interpretive Centre. Learn all there is to know about Giant Panda’s.
- Under the Sea. If you child or yourself are fans of ‘Finding Nemo’ then you cannot miss ‘Under The Sea’ at the Ontario Science Centre. With Imax technology, you will get a first hand look at the Great Barrier Reef and the Coral Triangle.
- 15th Annual Taste of The Kingsway Festival. Stroll up Bloor Street for food, family and fun with entertainment for people of all ages. Happening this Friday through Sunday.
- Stanley’s Game Seven. For all you hockey fans, this one is for you! At the Hockey Hall of Fame, Hockey’s First 3D movie of the best moments in Stanley Cup History. This movie is included in the Hockey Hall of Fame admission, so come and watch a part of Canadian History!
I love family and what better way to spend Family Day by spending time with those you love. I have family coming in from out-of-town and Hubby, Princess and I will be spending time with them. Here are just a few things that are happening around Toronto this Family Day Weekend.
- Woofjocks Canine Performance. On Monday, February 18th, Toronto’s Waterfront will be hosting Woofjocks Canine Performances for free. Times are 11:30, 1pm, 2:30 and 4 with photo opportunities at the end of each show. Come enjoy!
- Free Crafts & Family Movies. From 2-4 on Family, the Queen’s Quay Terminal has a fun packed afternoon of family fun with crafts, face painting and movies.
- Fantasy Fair. Woodbine Fantasy Fair is open this Family Day from 10 – 6. Come enjoy an indoor fairground and all the fun that goes with it.
- Family Day Weekend at Toronto Zoo. Fur family meet human family! Come see all the animals and their cute babies.
- Kids Fest Toronto. On the 17th and 18th, come by Kids Fest, Canada’s Largest Indoor Inflatable Show. Enjoy as your kids jump, bounce and play!
Woofjocks Canine Performance
Father’s Day is right around the corner and if you are looking for family oriented activities to do in Toronto, here are a few!
- If Dad is into history, Black Creek Pioneer Village will be having a Revolutionary War Re-enactment with over 200 soldiers and a BBQ Rib Lunch!
- The Toronto Zoo will be having a “Meet the Wild Dads” on Sunday, June 17th. Whether it’s the penguins, gorilla’s or polar bears, Dad will be sure to enjoy!
- Why not have a royal brunch for the King in your life. Casa Loma will be having a brunch for Father’s Day that includes a self-guided tour.
- Does Dad have a sweet tooth? Then come by the Ding Dong Bakery in the Kensington Market for a treat tour and Dad’s walk away with a free gift!
- How about a cruise for Dad? Mariposa will be having a Father’s Day brunch and dinner for all those special Dad’s out there.
- Is the special Dad in your life a Treky? The Ontario Science Centre will be presenting Star Trek Live! Take Dad where no one has boldly gone before!
- Why not raise money for Prostate Cancer on Father’s Day. At Ash Bridge’s Bay, there will be the National 5 km run to raise funds for Prostate Cancer Canada. Show Dad we care!
- Why not take Dad on a culinary journey? Toronto is flourishing with Food Trucks and why not tickle Dad’s taste buds with a selection of tasty treats!